Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Black Bean and Cumin Flautas.


This was one of my favorite meals when I used to eat meat. The recipe originally was a enchilada recipe that my Mom just used the filling and turned into Flautas. The recipe for the enchiladas came from my Uncle Tod.  When I became vegetarian my Mom started to make mine with black beans, and lets just say it was the best creation ever. I changed and added a few things to my liking. They are amazing, if you like cumin you will LOVE these. This picture doesn't do it justice at all.  Anyways enough of that and lets get to the recipe:


Black Bean and Cumin Flautas

8-10 small flour tortillas
1 tablespoon salad oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 tablespoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1 4-oz can green chilies diced
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cans black beans (1 can will do but 1 1/2 I've found gives it more filling)
2 small tomatoes diced
1 jalapeno diced (seeded if you don't like the spice)
2 cups monterey jack cheese shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredder
Sour Cream
Salsa

Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, cumin, and oregano; cook stirring often, until onion is soft 3-5 minutes. Stir in green chilies jalapenos and cream. Boil over high heat, stirring often until thickened about 2 minutes. Add black beans and tomatoes; remove from heat and stir in the cheeses. Heat a frying pan with enough oil to fry the flautas. Roll just enough filling into the tortillas to make about 10 flautas. Enjoy with sour cream and salsa!!



No comments:

Post a Comment