Monday, January 3, 2011

"Chicken" Broccoli Bake.


Well today was a good day i went and saw Black Swan, and it was really good but really crazy!! And for lunch we had Cafe Rio which is amazing enough for the day so I thought I would make an easy meal tonight that is still always pretty tasty. My mom would always make this when I was little and we all LOVED it so much. Its a pretty convenient meal cause most time you have all the stuff for it. I usually put the Quorn brand of mock chicken (tastes amazing and my favorite brand) but today I was out. I also didn't have bread so i wasn't able to put the bread on top so we used bread crumbs. And it's not that great of a picture but it will have to work. But it still turned out tasty and anyways I'm dead tired so that's all tonight. Here's the recipe:

"Chicken" and Broccoli Bake

4 chicken breast halves (I use the Quorn brand of mock chicken)
1 10 oz bag broccoli spears (I usually use 1 head of fresh)
1 can cream of celery soup (can use cream of chicken)
1/2 c milk
1/2 c mayonnaise (I usually use half mayo half sour cream sometimes cream cheese. Just cause mayo freaks me out)
1 c grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
Bread crumbs or bread ripped up into little pieces
1 cups rice (brown or white works fine)

Cook chicken. Cooke broccoli in steamer. Cook rice how label says. Make sauce by combining soup, milk, mayo, and lemon juice. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese, stir until melted. Put rice in 9x13 pan arrange chicken and broccoli on rice and pour over sauce. Stir all together add bread crumbs on top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. Awe, thanks for the sweet comment Lindsey. I can hardly wait for you to get down here! I told Jake he should be very worried about us tearing it up at the mall and the clubs. Ha! He laughed and said we should be worried about him and Kimball...probably true! :D All your yummy recipes are making me hungry. Blog on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah shes becoming a natural blogger! I'm just glad i can be part of it... haha and gain some weight at the same time!

    ReplyDelete