Saturday, January 1, 2011

Half Pepperoni and bacon, half cheese.


Alright so two posts in one day now I'm getting crazy. But I thought I might as well post about the first thing i made in 2011. I made this for lunch. Pizza is sooooo much fun to make and each time I have made it, it's gotten a lot better. I may look a little greedy with the size of Jake's half with meat, but i don't want that nasty grease ruining my nice cheesy side =]. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com but there was a lot of problems with the recipe so i switched it up and can say it's my own now, ha! Here's the recipe!!

Pizza Crust

2 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast (or 1 .25 packet yeast)
3/4 c Warm water (i do it as warm as my hand can handle without hurting)
2 tsp sugar
1/3 c Whole wheat flour
1 2/3 c All purpose flour (i save 1/3rd of it and slowly knead it in to make sure there's not too much. you may need a little more)
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Garlic, minced

Pour yeast into the warm water add the sugar and let sit until frothy about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Dump onto a lightly floured surface and knead in the garlic and knead for 10 minutes. Form into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a moist towel and let sit in a warm place for about 45 minutes. You know it has risen enough when you poke it with your finger and the indentation stays. Dump onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to 1/8-1/4 inch depending on how thick you like. Top with your favorite ingredients and cook for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Wallah, yummy =]



5 comments:

  1. I like your "Ha"s!! they are fun. Maybe ally will make this for me. I have heard great reviews about your Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmy, looks awesome! I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is very yummy and you both should try it =] And kelly i use the "ha's" cause for some reason the "lol's" just dont sit right with me, haha =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little cook. Makes her mama proud.

    ReplyDelete