Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meatless Chili and Mexican Cornbread.


This is a chili recipe that I sorta made into my own by combining a bunch of other chili recipes together. It is so tasty, and the cornbread is almost good enough to make just by its self! I made this earlier this week, and it was quite a hit. Here is the recipe:


Meatless Chili

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can great northern beans, rinsed
1 can pinto beans, rinsed
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 can chili beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can vegetable broth
3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 medium onion chopped
1 jalepeno minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes


Add all ingredients to a crock pot and cook for 3-4 hours or until it is the consistancy that you like. I like my chili thick. I hope you enjoy this one =]


Mexican Cornbread

Add one can creamed corn
1 cup cubed cheese
1/2 to 1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
to a batch of cornbread.

And cook as cornbread is directed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Linds, I'm a fan of both cornbread and chili and I love the meatless factor! Hope you two are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete