Monday, October 21, 2013

Egg White and Tomato Melt



I've never been an egg fan. Something about them just creeps me out but I found that without the egg yolk, they are much better. It may have been the yolk I didn't like the whole time.

I found this recipe on Skinny Taste and ate it for a straight week, every day for lunch. 

Egg whites have only 17 calories for each one. So it's a really yummy low calorie meal, not lacking in flavor!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. 

Egg White and Tomato Melt

1 english muffin
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper
5 grape tomatoes, halved
shredded cheese

Toast an english muffin under the broiler.  Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.

Saute the green onions for 1-2 minutes, until soft.  Add the egg whites and scramble until cooked through.  Remove from heat.

Top the english muffins with half the scrambled egg mixture, tomatoes and top with cheese.

Place under broiler until cheese melts.

Enjoy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment