Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sautéed Spinach Hummus Melts





I love being a stay at home mom for so many reasons.  Don't get me wrong, its extremely exhausting and all time consuming but I do love it.  I love being able to be the one to see Jude grow up, to see him have all his firsts , being the one he depends on and I LOVE being his mommy!  

BUT I also love being able to make my myself yummy lunches and not having to depend on fast food, spending tons of money or eating a lousy sandwich.  Plus a really nice bonus is being able to stay in sweats or yoga pants all day.  

I saw this lunch idea on Pinterest and had to make it.  I love hummus and cheese so it sounded perfect and really easy.  

Hope you enjoy it!



Sautéed spinach hummus melts

2 english muffins
3 handfuls of spinach
hummus
olive oil
garlic
mozzarella cheese


Turn the oven to broil and toast the english muffins.  Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

Sauté the spinach in a little garlic and olive oil.

Top each english muffin with some hummus.  Add the spinach and top with mozzarella cheese and stick under the broiler until cheese starts to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment